• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Admin or Author option for multiple attempts

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For our use case, we have new hire learners go through a Learning Path, and then for any knowledge checks that are failed, there is formal, documented corrective action/mentoring that takes place. Then, learners take the failed courses once again. Both sets of scores and the answers chosen are kept with the learner's formal record.

But I cannot find the option shown in this help article about multiple attempts. The only Administrator options shown for a Course are to create a discussion board. I've created a workaround of making duplicates of courses and then enrolling them in the duplicates of the failed courses, but that feels like an inelegant solution. 

Is the toggle not under Settings? 

TOPICS
Course catalog , Course module , Course settings , Instances , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team. 

You need to enable "Mulitple Attempts" in the account as an Administrator first. Then the "Authors" can set up the Multiple attempts while creating a Course. 

To set up the Multiple Attempts please follow the below steps as Administrator. 

Select Settings > General > Multiple Attempts.

If you enable the ‘Multi Attempts’ checkbox, then the Authors can set ‘Multiple attempts’ for interactive e-learning courses or modules.

On selecting the second checkbox, administrators can set ‘Infinite attempts’ by default for any newly created interactive e-learning courses.

admin_config.png

Once this is done, you need to switch your role to "Author" and now you can change the attempts setting in any course.

The details are shown below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/captivate-prime/authors/feature-summary/courses.html#Allowmultipleattempt... 

Kindly let me know if any further assistance is required.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Debiprasad,

Unfortunately, the only option available to me as an Administrator for a course is to add a discussion board. 

admin options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: I found the settings. I thought they would be under the per-course settings but found them in the root LMS settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great,

Please enable multiple attempts on your account and change the course settings accordingly. 

It should work. 

Kindly let me know if any further assistance is required.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources