Pre-Sales Question: Enrollment of External Partners

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read over the FAQ, but still require further understanding.

After the Admin create the login URL and send to partner/customer and the partner/customer add themselves to the account, can the partner/customer now register their employee/learners?

Thank you,

Monica

TOPICS
Course module, Self enrollment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2017
fkeijmes Explorer , Oct 16, 2017

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Advocate ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I understand it and have used it to this point is that I create the account which generates a URL specific to that group of people. As the Prime Admin, I specify the number of people allowed to register to that account. I send out the link to the responsible person. At this point, they do not do any additional registrations other than to distribute the link to others in the organization to subsequently create their accounts up to the limit you specify.

I am sure there are some other strategies for how this is managed. So hopefully this is helpful and others will share how they use it.

If all the seats are being used, anyone visiting the link would be presented with a screen similar to this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stagprime,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I can totally see how to use your example.

Another related question: If we're able to send different registration links/URL per partner/customer, does that mean I'll be able to create different location access?

For example; Let's say we have 5 different partners/customers who needs to be trained on our software. The partner/customers will designate which employees needs to take which course. Let's say we have 20 courses. All of the employees, no matter which customer, must take 3 of the courses. All other courses are role-specific, therefore, courses not applicable to that employee need not be accessible.

How would that be setup? Perhaps this is a web design issue rather than a Captive Prime issue.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, I might suggest controlling access through the use of catalogs.

We have a similar setup where I only want certain courses to be available for a certain group. I have a catalog for that particular profile and only the courses I want that group to choose from are in that catalog. Some profiles have access to more than one catalog. This way when they register their account using the provided link, they are automatically restricted to those catalogs I specify for that group of people.

So you might have a separate catalog for the three that all have to take and for the other 17 that are role specific.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!

Looks like I need to learn more about cataloging as a way to organize courses by role, and not by customer and give access via profile without having to create more than once access per employee because he may need courses in another group....that'll be idea.

Here's what I'm visualizing how catalogs and profile assignment may be used (or want to be used);

• Shem, in Company 1, needs to have access to 3 courses in catalog A and 2 courses in catalog B. So, when Shem registers and access his screen/page (or whatever the course access/view method will be)  all he'll see are the 5 courses even though they reside in different catalog/folder/or directory, etc.

This could be tricky if it works that way.

1. Now I'll need to know, in advance, which courses each Company 1 employees will need
  2. I'll need to create each individual profile prior to sending URL to the designated partner/customers for her to forward to each employee
  3. Which means the designated partner/customer will need to manage more than 1 URL due to the different profiles
  4. If Company 1 want to add a course, not in the employee's current profile and in another catalog, then I'll need to go in and add the course to the employee's profile.
  5. Would I then need to create a new URL? Would the partner/customer need to be notified?

If I'm seeing this correctly, and I hope I'm not, this looks like a lot of maintenance on mine and the partner/customers part.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will certainly take a little planning up front and I imagine there to be more than one way to manage this.

Here is an idea you might play with but you will need to decide if it works for you or not.

Let's say you create a profile called Company A and that link gets shared to employees of Company A.

You have a generic catalog that is visible to all employees.

You can also create "Active Fields". These can be used to create additional groups and they are filled out when the employee registers. Perhaps one active field is to ask for their department. They use the same link to enroll as Company A but they might say they are in Sales or Accounting, etc. You then have only the Sales catalog visible to those who register as Sales and the Accounting Catalog visible to those who register as Accounting.

In my case, I ask External Users to provide their customer number.

Logistically it will require planning on the front end but once you have it working the way you want, it should eventually reduce some maintenance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stagprime,

I so get that!

You are certainly correct, it'll take more planning upfront, which I suspected and able.

So, it looks like just knowing how I need which course to be access by which Company, then by which employee will certainly determine which LMS I'll need.

You have been much helpful. I thank you for your time and knowledge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines