• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent learner from enrolling in courses

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a training program set up with 5 separate courses inside. I would like the learner to complete these courses in a specific order and not enroll in a course until they have completed the prior one (i.e. learner cannot start course #2 until they have completed #1). I'm really at a loss here and have tried looking up the answer/playing around with the setting in Prime. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I found a partial solution to my problem. The learner need to click enroll in order to lock the courses. Does anyone know how to lock the courses in the learning program in the event that the learner does not click enroll?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

There are several ways to accomplish what you describe.

First when building a 'Learning Program' you can set the 'Course Ordering' to 'Ordered' so that each course must be completed before the next is available.

You could also create a 'Learning Plan' which automatically enrolls someone in a Course or other learning object on completion of a course or other learning object.

If you have additional questions or would like to know more, feel free to contact me directly.

Walter Zweigle - Senior Adobe Co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways to accomplish what you describe.

First when building a 'Learning Program' you can set the 'Course Ordering' to 'Ordered' so that each course must be completed before the next is available.

You could also create a 'Learning Plan' which automatically enrolls someone in a Course or other learning object on completion of a course or other learning object.

If you have additional questions or would like to know more, feel free to contact me directly.

Walter Zweigle - Senior Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime Account Manager - Clarix Technologies

585-899-5300 x156

Zweigle@clarix.com

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com
Adobe Connect | Adobe Learning Manager | Adobe Acrobat Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I ended up doing something similar to this. I created a learning plan so that all new users will auto-enroll into the learning program. I also set up prerequisites for each course. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

I have the same problem, and I tried using either Learning programme or Learning plan. However, I do not see these courses, although they are published. I think the reason is that they are set to: manager approval and not sef enroll. The problem is that I have a large cours programme, which entails 7-8 courses, some as prework, some as compulsory and in order. However, I do NOT want the learners to see or at least be able to self-enmroll in the individual courses, I want to just manage the items, and assign the whole programme to them. Can you advise on the best way forward?

Also, to make itr even more complicated, I am running similar dates for the same "complete" programme, so two series of the same, on different dates with different participants.

Looking foward to your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources