• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reactivate User

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just read in this forum that we can't delete a user and then later, add that user back to the system again. This causes a problem for us because we occasionally see an employee leave, for what they think will be a better job, and then return. When that happens, I will need to re-activate his or her account so they can resume their training program.

To learn that a user record is not fully removed but can't be reactivated, is concerning. I can understand why a student record can't be totally deactivated; I imagine it is because of relationships built while the record is active, that would be harmed when the record is deleted.

However, I can't understand the logic of not allowing the record to be reactivated. We've not purchased a subscription to Captivate Prime yet, but are (or maybe were) planning to do so very soon.

Does anyone else see this as a problem?

TOPICS
Course settings , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, this is a problem. I think that there are some finer details not being ironed out with Prime which is making me hesitant in suggesting it to the decision maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. This is an issue for our organization as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a problem for our organization as well, when beta testing Prime. We raised the issue with support. I do not speak for Adobe, but I would suggest that there may be some support on this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can now Delete and Reactivate a user by using the CSV import process to manage learners in your account.

When you import a CSV file into Prime, the learners in that CSV file get added to the system. If you then remove an entry for a learner in the CSV file and import that CSV file again, Prime automatically deletes that learner and frees up the registration.

If later you reintroduce the same learner ( identified by the email address) in the CSV and again import the CSV, the user and his data is all brought back alive.

This process is designed to be automated by integrating with your HRMS so that it happens without manual intervention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources