• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM 2004 export settings for non-quiz and quiz modules used in the same course?

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a course in Captivate Prime contains several SCORM 2004 modules, where some modules do not contain quizzes and one modules only contain a quiz, can I use different settings for Reporting when exporting these modules from Articulate RISE 360? My choice for the non-quiz module is Complete/Incomplete and for the quiz module is Passed/Incomplete?

Its been tricky to find online sources that describe how Captivate Prime handles different settings in the SCORM-file. I only found descriptions that brush on the surface, without giving an actual understanding. 

Someone knows any good source to read that goes deeper?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team. 

We can upload multiple contents from different authoring tools with different reporting standards to create multiple modules. Later we can add those modules in one Course. 

For Example, if we have a Course with 3 modules:

1. We can use one from Captivate with SCORM 1. Standard.

2. The second one can be from Articulate with SCORM 2004 standard.

3. This could be a non-quiz module (maybe a Video, PDF, or some other document.)

We can use one standard for one module and add those modules to create a course.

In case you have any further doubts, kindly contact us using any of the channels in the link below. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate-prime

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Debiprasad!

I went ahead and exported all 11 RISE modules, with guidance from your input. SCORM 2004 4th edition and settings for Reporting in the quiz module was Passed/Incomplete and for the non-quiz modules Complete/Incomplete. I never wanted the learners to see "Failed" when taking the course. "In Progress" is much nicer, even if the learner fails on the quiz, with a change to "Pass" when scoring above threshold in new attempts to pass.

Will make another attempt later to find more indepth info about Capticate Prime.

Cheers and thanks again!

//Göran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Göran,

Glad to know that the steps helped you. 

For any further assistance kindly contact us here on forums page or you can use the links in the URL below. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate-prime 

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Prime did not cope well with our Articulate RISE 360 modules, as exported as SCORM 2004 4th edition. In Prime, when starting a module and looking through all the content, status would still say "NOT STARTED" (see attached image). Reporting does not seem to function properly. 

We instead exported all modules as SCORM 1.2, which seems to look good in reporting when viewing in Prime. My colleage and I will hopefully to talk to our Adobe representative the coming week, but for now we will publish as SCORM 1.2

Cheers,

//Göran

Inkedapa_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources