Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporary/infrequent Users

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am extremely new to this and in the early research stages of choosing an LMS.

We want to be able to have people/users be able to log-in only when there is an update to a course or a new course.

This might be 1 to 3 times a year for a day or two.  Does Captivate allow users to have an active account for a month then switch it to inactive for a couple of months?

Can the user pay the $4/month/user fee only when they need to be active?

Thanks,

Andy

TOPICS
Course settings , Job aids

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This would probably be easy to do if you set them up as external users. In my screen shot, you can see I have multiple groups. If I have them switched on, they are counting as a license. When I switch them off, the seat is not counted. Their account info and progress stays, they are just unable to login.

The fee is being paid by you, the organization, unless you are then collecting that from the learner yourself. For example, if you have 100 people that need training and you bought 20 seats, you could put them into 5 groups, and rotate which group is turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources