• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Timeline Stuck at Zero

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded 5 courses. When I move to another course, the timeline for the next module stays at zero even though the course is playing. How do I fix this issue?

TOPICS
Job aids , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

A few questions for you:

1. Can you complete each of the modules in the courses, or are the slides not advancing/video not playing?

2. Can you check the time on each slide? Do they all have a minimum amount of time allotted?

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I can complete through the entire module. Just when I get to the last slide of the module with the continue button it will not let me continue to the next module in the course. It will on whatever module I first click into work correctly. But after it moves me on to the next module it stops working. No matter which module I start with.

Username: blue.iguana9761@gmail.com<mailto:blue.iguana9761@gmail.com>

Password: Student5

This is login the course is day 3. So you can troubleshoot it yourself.

2. The course itself has presenter video modules in it. But the modules that are messing up contain no videos.

3. I’m not certain of what your asking. But each slide has a time limit of 3 -21 seconds if that is the question. I emailed the file over to one of your team members. Attached below is a link to the source files for captivate.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y854wuy74lwycwx/AAAgoE8TqXE1xba2Dl-dSmFZa?dl=0

I’m always available by phone call if necessary 1-417-619-8982

Devin Hollister-Graham

Blue Iguana Car Wash

Devin@Blueiguana.com<mailto:Devin@iguanawash.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

You can complete a module; however, when you move on to the next module, the time will continuously display zero although the video is playing/advancing. These are all videos created in Captivate. Each video is 5 or more minutes (I have a total of five modules/videos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct when moving on is when the issue is occurring with the time line but yes the video or project continues to play. There are 27 modules in the course. Some of them are adobe presenter videos ranging from 5-20 minutes in length. Others are captivate files which are uploaded in html5 if that is a video file then ok. I have not sent all the source files for the entire course. Do you need them?

Devin Hollister-Graham

Blue Iguana Car Wash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devin and Michelle,

I attempted to run the modules on our LMS. The training module plays fine, but the assessment module does not continue as you stated. A few things I noticed, the quiz reporting is not enabled for either of the modules.  If you have it set up in your LMS to only allow continuation on quiz completion, then that probably should be enabled.

Secondly, I was able to continue through  to a third module when I added a slide following the last slide, because the action on that button on the second to last slide "Continue to next slide". 

Let me know if any of this helps.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the changes and I’m still coming across the same issue. I’m also not able to replicate your experience. Attached is a dropbox link to a screen recording of what happens when I try to play the modules on your LMS.

Please watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wn8dene3z79gqf/Demo%20for%20Prime%20Tech.mov?dl=0

Devin Hollister-Graham

Blue Iguana Car Wash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that helps a lot.

The timeline stopping is not a big issue, that is just a setting for the slide from my understanding.  If you wait on any slide long enough, the timeline should stop to wait for you to click the right box

The continue button did not have any issues on my instance of the course when I uploaded and worked fine for me.

To start:

Have you checked the content settings for each of the modules?  Make sure items with quiz reporting are set up correctly in Prime, and that they are set to cascade properly.

Have you double checked the course settings as well?

Since we are having different issues with the same content, I would start by double checking your Captivate Prime settings for the uploaded content.  Also check the action on the "continue" button.  If that doesn't work, call the Captivate Prime support line to see what they can dig up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the button are set to pause the time line. Not make the timeline not work at all. Why if I load into a module directly doest the module work perfectly fine but if I am continuing from another module does the time line complete stop working. I don’t see how a setting could cause that phenomenon. I was on the phone with tech support first and they sent me to you because they said it wasn’t a setting issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources