web object not visible

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Captivate to create a slide with a web object. It is a PDF. When previewing in captivate it shows the PDF on the screen. When I upload it to Prime all I get is an OPEN button which downloads the pdf.

How do I get it visible on the screen. The first image is a screen shot when I preview the course as a learner in Prime. the second is the Properties panel of the web object in Captivate.

In the mobile app there is nothing where the web object is supposed to be!

TOPICS
Course instances, Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To insert web objects like pdf or zip files in Captivate Prime projects, it is recommended that you place the pdf, zip, or svg file in a web server, and then use the url to the file. 

For example, after placing the objects in the web server, use the URL as follows:

• pdf: localhost:8012/<filename>.pdf

See: Insert web objects in Adobe Captivate projects

Another option - break the Captivate project into sections, upload sectioned Captivate Projects and pdfs as separate Modules and then just order the Modules as needed in Captivate Prime courses.

Walter Zweigle - Senior Account Manager for Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

That is exactly what I did.

I uploaded the PDF as a Job Aid

I used the Job Aid URL

I don't see the PDF just an "Open" button

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Note: in my previous response I referred to Captivate Prime projects (should be simply Captivate projects).

I would recommend simply uploading content to Prime, then building a course using the content as ordered 'Self Paced Modules'

Captivate, PDF, Captivate....

Walter Zweigle - Senior Account Manager for Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines