What are the steps to run a learner transcript report by department?

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What are the steps to run a report based on learner transcripts by department?

I ran a learner transcript report and the field/column for department was not there (but I uploaded my CSV of users with that column).

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Contributor , Mar 17, 2017
Harrell_t Contributor , Mar 17, 2017
(Thanks, Devendra Nath Mishra, Technical Support Consultant -- for calling me and patiently walking me through the NOT-SO-INTUITIVE STEPS).I'll do my best to summarize this process here, but, I strongly encourage Adobe Prime team to begin releasing documentation around features like this, that, frankly are not intuitively discovered and are the instructions are not publically available. PLEASE ADOBE.**Side, note: I'm fighting hard internally, to keep using the Adobe Captivate Prime platform. But...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Thanks, Devendra Nath Mishra, Technical Support Consultant -- for calling me and patiently walking me through the NOT-SO-INTUITIVE STEPS).

I'll do my best to summarize this process here, but, I strongly encourage Adobe Prime team to begin releasing documentation around features like this, that, frankly are not intuitively discovered and are the instructions are not publically available. PLEASE ADOBE.

**Side, note: I'm fighting hard internally, to keep using the Adobe Captivate Prime platform. But, Adobe does not make it easy when my VP asks me for a report of learners' transcripts filtered down to geographic location or by department and I say "okay I'll create that for you and get it right back to you" -- then I find out, it's not so simple. I'm a Prime fan, but, you all don't make it easy. Hire me to support the Adobe team in their documentation efforts. I'm glad to help.**

Okay, back to this process:

1. Any categories/fields/columns you want to see in reports, you have to create them.
  2. In your CSV file (used to bulk upload your learners into Prime) add the columns (example: department).
  3. When this CSV is uploaded, Prime acknowledges the column.
  4. Then go to Active Fields (users-->active fields), check the boxes for the fields you want available in your reports, and click add.
  5. THEN, RE-UPLOAD THE CSV, for Prime to hold the columns in long-term memory.
  6. NOTE: there are instructions on the Active Field screen that state you can create your custom/active fields from that screen, but I have not tested that technique.

[This is a down and dirty explanation, hopefully we site admins will have a set of guides we can refer to for this kind of stuff soon. Based on my trial and error, I'll gladly share what I know with the other site admins in the forum.]

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more