• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are servers located? / CDN query

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, we are looking for a new LMS with a CDN offering.
We've been let down by Litmos as there is huge latency for us in Australia.
Our content will be consumed in 4 countries: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ireland.

Does anyone know if Captivate Prime has multiple servers?
Can't find any inf. on the site.

TOPICS
Course catalog , Course settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told two days ago 1/27/2016, by a sales rep, that servers for us (located in Idaho) would be in the states. I believe North or South Carolina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good for US folk but for a global company the needs of non-US countries need to be taken into account. This seems to be overlooked by many LMS vendors who are US centric. My opinion of Litmos is now very low. The sales guy hounded us to get the sale before Christmas and assured us that they have customers all over the globe who present Articulate material without issues. With great latency issues, I've been on the hunt for a new hosted LMS for the commercial training space that is easy to use, simple, and looks the part without clutter a little gamey is good. Only Accord seems to match our requirements but is way too expensive.

So I'd like know:

1. Where the servers are located. We are based in Australia but are experiencing latency issues with our Articulate Storyline mods in Litmos.

Users are waiting over 10 seconds for some page turn. Funny enough, the pages load quicker the second time around but it's not good enough I suspect that some of the data gets cached.

We will be delivering courses globally (Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ireland). Litmos informs us they have encountered this as we are such a distance from the US. Not good enough! Especially, as this was never disclosed after asking this very question.

I just ran a side-by-side test playing a module in Litmos and Captivate and whilst some pages take 3-4 seconds to open there is no significant delay in Prime so it's looking good.

I did get a partial answer in the following forum: Where are servers located? / CDN query

Alexa thinks you would have data centres AU&NZ, UK&Ireland, but unsure where South would be served via.

2. I'd also like to know if we are locked into an amount of learners per year. Can we change the figure if we need more accounts and be charged on a pro-rata basis?
Our learners will only use the LMS for their initial training. We will then export reports and delete their accounts so we would only need 50-100 accounts.
However, to keep costs low if we elected to have 50 learners could we increase it throughout the year?

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexa,

I'm pinging engineering to get some verification of the specifics, but yes, my understanding is that the network data hub for your region would be in Sydney for ANZ & in Ireland for Ireland. I'm not sure whether Africa would serve from Ireland or Frankfurt but AFAIK there is no data center in Africa at this time. 

People in US are served from one of three US based data centers. There is a separate one for South America.

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Allen, thanks the reply and please do see if you can get specifics for me.
So Captivate Prime uses data centres around the world?

When we change LMS/Hosting providers we need to be confident our modules will play nicely in those 4 location with minimum latency.
Some of our modes took over 10 seconds to move to the next slide.

Just just created a test account in Prime and one of the mods is playing quite nicely without much latency.
Mind you I went back to Litmos and it was play well too. So I'm putting it down to internet traffic based on our location. If Prime is more stable for us it may be a good option but we need assurances.

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reply form engineering Alexa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allen,

I know the topic is already a bit older but for my customers I really need to know if there are also servers in Europe. If not, my customers will most probably not use it due privacy issues.

Kind regards,

Johfra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this thread began GDPR regulations have gone into effect in Europe.

Those are what most companies are most concerned with.

Captivate Prime addresses GDPR issues. See: Captivate Prime compliance to GDPR

Captivate Prime uses Akamai and Brightcove services for CDN. Those systems have a worldwide network of servers.

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com
Adobe Connect | Adobe Learning Manager | Adobe Acrobat Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there are servers in Europe. Customers need to ask specifically to be placed on the European servers when initiating their Prime contract. Work with your CSAM and sales rep to ensure you get your domain on the servers that meet your geo needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources