• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe Prime time out when I attempt to access a module?

Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a module called Overcoming Price Objections Pre-Assessment. It is a quiz element I created in Adobe Captivate 9 (trial version). the module sits in my draft course called Copy3_Master Electronics Selling Philosophy. For the past two business days I have not been able to preview the module as a learner. Each time I attempt to do so it times out.

Trying to access a module and Adobe Prime keeps timing out.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Hi Thomas,

I checked and found that you have applied "Pixel Dissolve" Transition on entrance of Slide 2 Quiz slide which is not supported in HTML5 output. If you directly upload the module from within Captivate (Publish>Publish to Adobe Captivate Prime) to Prime it uploads in HTML5 format. Please change the transition to "No Transition" and upload the module again to Prime and check again.

You can find the Transition in "Timing" property of the slide.

You can also go to Project > HTML5 Tracker to v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Greetings...!

Can you please let me know the contents in your project created from Adobe Captivate 9? I mean did you created the complete project in Captivate 9 or did you imported PPT from PowerPoint into Captivate 9? How are you publishing the project to Prime-> Directly via Captivate or manually uploading the zip file?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created the quiz completely in Adobe Captivate 9.

I used the Publish to Adobe Captivate Prime button from within Adobe Captivate 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Can you share the Captivate 9 project source file (.cptx) and I can have a look at it ?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thomas,

I checked and found that you have applied "Pixel Dissolve" Transition on entrance of Slide 2 Quiz slide which is not supported in HTML5 output. If you directly upload the module from within Captivate (Publish>Publish to Adobe Captivate Prime) to Prime it uploads in HTML5 format. Please change the transition to "No Transition" and upload the module again to Prime and check again.

You can find the Transition in "Timing" property of the slide.

You can also go to Project > HTML5 Tracker to view the list of unsupported items in your project in HTML5 output.

I tested and it worked fine for me. Please see if it works fine at your end after removing the Transition?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources