Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workday Connector to Prime - User Change in Data

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

Anybody have Prime integrated with Workday? If so, a question for you!

We are planning to integrate user data from our new Workday HRIS into Captivate Prime. As we begin this process with our internal HRIS admin, I have a question I can't seem to find an answer on. Looking thru the guides and onboarding docs, I can't seem to find any information on it.

So, here is my question. After integration of user data from Workday, will a change in a user's email in Workday create a new user in Prime or will it update the current user that email was update? I know Prime uses email ID as its primary identifier for a user. Is there another attribute during the data communication that is used to link user data?

Lets say for example, Susy Smith gets married and her name changes in her email. So, in Workday, her email is updated to reflect the new name. Does this automatically sync correctly to Prime or does Prime see the new email as a new user and create a whole new account (and deleting the old user/email in the process).

We have several email changes each month due to a large company. I want to prevent duplicate or deleted user data in Prime each time the email in Workday for a user is changed.

Any information or insight on this would be helpful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have many users (say more than 300) with integration with another system such as Workday and SSO... then you might want to consider using a Unique User ID or UUID other than email as their User ID. This will allow user names and emails to change as needed without affecting anything else. We typically work with our Captivate Prime clients to understand their needs and provide such information and direction during the implementation process and work together with Adobe to help get things set up specific to the client need.

See: Reference manual for Integration Administrators who want to migrate an existing LMS to Captivate Pri...

If you have additional questions or would like to know more, feel free to contact me directly.

Walter Zweigle - Senior Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime Account Manager - Clarix Technologies

585-899-5300 x156

Zweigle@clarix.com

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com
Adobe Connect | Adobe Learning Manager | Adobe Acrobat Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link and the response.

We do currently use SSO due to legal requirements because of the nature of our business. Security of training and content in our LMS is a concern. Our employee's emails are the source of this SSO and they must be on a specific company Domain to access. The Workday integration piece is purely for User data regarding active employees to keep an up-to-date list of our employees within our LMS automatically. During our purchasing process with Adobe, we were told the connection could do this as a selling point to us.

I currently do not see an option to assign a field to a UUID, I'm guessing that is because we have SSO as our login option. I am wondering, when we do the connector to Workday, can I assign an attribute from Workday to a UUID at that time for users? Then, our SSO will still be applicable for the login method to the LMS.

Here is the flow of what we want: If their email changes > IT updates them in our Active Directory > it updates in Workday > that information is transmitted to Prime (using the UUID for that user) > update their email in Prime > allows them to login via SSO

If this is not possible, I understand. Just means a more manual process on our end to keep user data accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email, and I'll be glad to discuss and see how we can assist.

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can definitely support that kind of dynamic workflow to allow information from Workday to update Prime and allow for SSO to Prime from Workday. Just give me a call or shoot me an email and we can arrange a call to discuss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources