Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 quiz in one project (randomly)

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

My project is the following, I have 60 questions and I would like to create 2 quizzes in one project, and the choice of the quiz by the learner has to be random. 

- For each quiz; a group of 30 questions and when the learner takes the quiz, he/she will have only 20 question randomly to answer. (This is something that I can handle in Captivate)

- And I would like to present one of the 2 quizzes to the learner randomly for the 1st time through a navigation button (Assessment), and after that, each time that this learner is back to the course and retake the quiz, he/she will have always the same quiz that he/she has chosen at the 1st time.

Can some one help me to realize this project please ?

Thanks for your help,

Karim

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Branching , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two different questions, and the not mentioned info: is this project using a LMS? 

The part which can be done in Captivate: choice of one of the two quizzes. You turn on Branch aware and set up custom navigation, keep the choice in a user variable.

However the tough part is to retrieve the choice. If the user is on the same device you can use Local Storage using JS or the CpExtra widget (external HTML widget by InfoSemantics). If that is not the case, it cannot be done on the client's side. You'll need a programmer to set this up for a webserver or look for another way by using the functionalities of the LMS if you are using one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i'm using an LMS.

The idea here is to show a navigation button "Assessment" and if the user will click on it, he/she will have one of the 2 quizzes.

And yes if I can retrieve this choice as value that it could be used for the next navigation by the same user , it will be great.

The users could use different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in Captivate but with a LMS it would be easier to use the LMS functionality. Problem is that this functionality can be very different. 

In Captivate you could use a dropdown or a radiobuttons interaction. Both are can be linked to a variable to store the choice. If the LMS can retrieve the variable, fine. If not why not use 3 files:

• One to give the choice and eventually more content slides.
  • Based on the choice you open one of the two quizzes
  • With LMS conditions, after the first visit of the main course, which will also have led to the first visit of one of the two quizzes, you hide the other quiz for this user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can make and export two different SCORM packages and then merge them into a SCORM package. Maybe your LMS support multi SCORM also.

You can also store a variable in cmi.comments on your LMS.

Be aware that you must have the same number of points in the packages and the pass/fail criteria must also be identically.

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources