Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 slide project won't preview

Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cap 2019 v - I have 2 slides in my project and when i click preview, it generates, but then nothing happens, no preview shows, is this a bug?  when I click project, it generates and I can view the 2 slides, but why can I not preview one slide at a time, I am on a p.c.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Preview method do you use? If you plan to publish to HTML5 and it is  a non-responsive project, only F11 (Preview HTML in Browser) will show more or less how published version will look. Depending on the content,  you will even need to upload the published folder to a webserver or LMS to see all functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lily, I am previewing with the preview button v19, but now I understand I cannot preview a single slide only, it only plays from the timeline onto your canvas but you cannot see how a single slide works in a browser? When I click Project in the preview button I can see my whole project that plays in a browser. Also, when I click Preview>HTML Browswer, Windows in an error message says it cannot find the file. So, essentially the only preview button working for me is the whole project. Thanks for any insight. Also, I cannot see my Assets, and I don't understand how to populate my ASSETS. CAn you walk me through populating my Assets? Or, maybe there are no Assets with the trial v of Cap 19, that's what I am using. I am also putting this question on the proper thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That Preview button has several methods, and the first option 'Play Slide' is NOT a preview at all, just meant for synchronizing. Usually confuses many newbies.

As I wrote Preview project will use SWF output, is no guaranteee that if you publish to HTML5 it will work. The fact that you get an error with F11, means that something is awry for HTML5. Can you show an image of the error? Are you on Windows or Mac?

You are using version 11.5, not 19. But 11.5 and 11 are also indicated as CP2019 which points to the year,, not the version number.

Are you behind a firewall in a company? I don't know if the trial version provides assets, have never used 11.5 as trial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources