• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 move or duplicate in group

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This missing functionality has been unavaliable in all versions of Captivate, but all other Adobe products is work fantasitc. This is basic functionality and along with many other basic functions, I do not know why it is not included in Captivate.

To work around this problem so I can add an item to a group. I have to perform these steps

1) Select all item in the group

2) Remove the items from the group

3) Select all items that were previously in the group

4) Include the new item in the selection

5) Group the items

6) Rename the group to the previous name, because that group does not exist

Just to add an item to a group......

Why can I not duplicate an item inside a group?

duplicate_inside_group.png

Or move an item inside a group

move_inside_group.png

But I am able to delete an item from inside a group

delete_inside_group.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow to add an item to a group is not what I use, this is mine:

• Select the group
  • Add the item to the selection
  • Group with the right-click menu or the shortcut key

I don't know why this is not working for you, has always been the normal way since object groups were introduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and that works fantastic, now that I know that, but if you are working in any other Adobe products that functionality will not work.

Here I am selecting the group and another layer, when I click Ctrl + G (to group) it makes a group in a group

ps_drag_add_group_03.png

When I drag a layer inside a group, it gives me a indicator, asking where do I want to place the layer in the group

ps_drag_add_group_02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate has only one level of grouping, contrary to other Adobe applications. That type of differences is not only existing in CP, many differences between tools in AI and PS as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do find it odd that a difference in functionality requires a difference in execution. Having one group level would not programatically be different that having multiple.

Most Adobe products have identical core operations and they continue to change to be closer in operation. It is what makes it a functional suite.

Indesign is a great example of functionality that should be replicated in Captivate. It is a layout program, very much like Captivate, but the essential ease of layout in Indesign is a foreign concept to Captivate and its users.

I really do appreciate you showing me how to group items, I would have never figured it out in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is just one of many areas where Captivate could be improved.

If you feel strongly about it, by all means log an enhancement request with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources