Highlighted

2019 Software Simulation Startup Question

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a custom template that I created for recording and producing software simulation projects. With the previous version of Captivate, playing or previewing a software simulation project would start immediately, which is the way the template controls are configured. However, I have converted the older template to 2019. Everything works correctly with the recording and controls with one exception. When I start/preview a project, the simulation doesn't start immediately. Instead, I get a big "play" button in the middle of the page that the student must click. Is this something that will always be there in 2019? Is there a way to turn it off?

Regards,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2019 Software Simulation Startup Question

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a custom template that I created for recording and producing software simulation projects. With the previous version of Captivate, playing or previewing a software simulation project would start immediately, which is the way the template controls are configured. However, I have converted the older template to 2019. Everything works correctly with the recording and controls with one exception. When I start/preview a project, the simulation doesn't start immediately. Instead, I get a big "play" button in the middle of the page that the student must click. Is this something that will always be there in 2019? Is there a way to turn it off?

Regards,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not new in CP2019, was also the case in the most recent version of CP2017: AutoPlay is disabled by default for HTML5 output. It is due the the decision of webbrowsers like Chrome to disable AutoPlay always. If you want the experience more engaging for your learner, have a look at my blog post:

Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thanks. So, it appears (from your blog) that you can change the look and feel of the intial page, but you cannot remove it and proceed to the first slide of the project, is this correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No , the user will have to click to start the movie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It is actually not a movie, but an interactive simulation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call the published output of Captivate an 'interactive movie'.  Sorry, but that is just a terminology issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0