I have a click box opening a new window to a URL containing "Finance_%26_Accounting". When I publish it out, Captivate switches the "%" to "%2526" which breaks the link. I've seen other solutions with a similar issue where the %20 is changed to an actual space within the URL. However, when I change the %26 to "Finance_&_Accounting" the link still does not work. Has anyone had any experience with this? How can I fix it? I don't have control of the link to remove the ampersand...
I don't know if either of these will work but you may want to try the ascii code "&" or HTML name string "&" to replace the ampersand. As I am sure you know, this is one reason it is a very bad practice to include special characters in folder, file or URL naming.
Thanks for the attempt, but neither worked. I am a big proponent of not putting symbols in URLs or files, but this link is hosted by a different team.
That being said, I do agree that it would be nice if Captivate didn't arbitrarily change the format of the link at publish and break it. I suggest you log this as a bug with the Captivate development team here: Adobe Captivate
In the meantime (don't hold your breath for a quick resolution in Captivate itself) I would suggest you try using TinyURL or some other similar service that will create an alias link you can put into Captivate that doesn't get changed.
I'm not sure where my head was at when I replied earlier but I agree with Rod, tiny URL should provide a quick and easy resolution to your issue.