Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

360 slides display black screen in Chrome and Edge

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am excited to get my captivate 2019 software installed and just finished my project. However, when I publish the project, I got a black screen when browsing in both Chrome and Edge. Can you pls help? If so, that would be great. Your help is greatly appreciated.

1. The project can display in Captivate and preview.

qianli1111_0-1614092931691.jpeg

1. I published the project. When double clicking on index.html to review the project, I got a black screen.

qianli1111_1-1614092931694.jpeg

1. The browser is supporting WebGL.

qianli1111_2-1614092931700.jpeg

1. I published the project as HTML5.

Thank you so much for your advice in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Try to upload to a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to upload to a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the advice! I appreciate it. I tried it today on the LMS, it's working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, mark the answer as being correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just marked the answer as correct. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri Hi there, i am having a similar issue, where the black screen shown in this post occurs on apple devices only. Can you advise me how i might fix this..? Preview works fine but when puplished in HTML5 and uploaded to LMS on apple devices the 360 slides show the above black screen and hostpots dont work.. thanks so much 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Apple device I only have an iPad, and 360 slides in a Captivate project do play fine. 

Do you have the same problem when checking out with one of the included 360 projects in Captivate? If those play fine, you need to check the 360 assets. If not, you need to check what is used to display 360° images/video on that device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add a bit more detail about what's involved in "check the 360 assets?" And "check what is used to display 360 images." The 360 assets are spherical JPGs and so far as I can tell identical to what is in the demo. I'm using a free trial and I've only got 8 days left 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the author of this old thread. Can  you play the example projects? If yes, something is wrong with your images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can play the example projects. What sort of things could be wrong with my images? They're straight up PNGs so far as I can tell - generated in Cinema 4D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size are the images in pixels?

What bitdepth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4000 x 2000 8bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening them in a graphics editor and saving as JPGs to see if that works better.  If your images are spherical photos, PNGs would be a lot larger in file size than JPGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved them out in PhotoShop as JPGs and reduced the size to 1920 but everything is still black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be a Mac thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My default browser is Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try another browser, Safari is for sure not the best choice. Chrome and Firefox are both available for Mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the preview performs much better in Chrome. How do I set the localhost preferences - so that it uses Chrome instead of Safari? Is that an OS-level choice, or does it happen in Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change the default browser in your OS. I am Windows user, but I am sure that this is also possible on a Mac system. It is mostly in the settings of the Browser. Of course Apple imposes Safari as default browser but that may not always be the first choice. I do have an iPad Pro and on installing I immediately changed it to Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a disconnect in the Publish routine. I can publish and then choose to see the output, the project plays fine in localhost. But if I navigate to the published folder and load the index.html file, everything is black again. Also, there are no images in the VR or AR folders in the published folder's hierarchy. I publish using the defaults. If it works in localhost mode, shouldn't it work in the published folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most HTML output is always meant to be viewed when uploaded to a webserver (or a LMS if you have enabled Reporting). Do not expect it to be functional when trying to double-click the index.html file in the output folder. The only moment where this is fully functional is immediately after publishing when you get the invitation to view the output. Please upload the output folder to a webserver and check using its URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for being extraordinarily patient with my newbie issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patience is my second name... have been a professor in a previous life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources