Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About multiple answer in quiz

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question.

I have slide with multiple answers. There are 6 answers , and 5 of them are correct. Question in this slide is "...Mark minimum three correct answers"

And now is the problem because if user mark 3 or even 4 correct answers , system qive 0 point (incorrect answer) because there is 6 correct answers defined. Is it possible that if i select minimum 3 correct answers system will pass that question ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no method to score the answer correct for only three our the five correct answers. However, you can use partial scoring and perhaps penalties to still make this question work similar to what you want.

1. Select Multiple Answers in the Quiz panel
  2. Select Partial Score in the Quiz panel
  3. One by one select each correct answer and click on Properties and then the Options tab
  4. Assign a points value for that one answer
  5. Optionally you can select the incorrect answers and assign a penalty so if those answers are selected as part of the answer they will lose a certain number of points.

So this way if a learner selects all five correct answers they will get full marks. If they select fewer than the five they will still get a partial score and if they select every answer it will still be partially correct but they will lose points for selected a distractor as well. Here is a video tutorial I did on this subject if you would like to see an example.

https://youtu.be/Ib5U54xToEU

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will only be possibel if you create a custom question slide, just an example by using the Checkbox Learning interaction, and by creating an advanced action which checks the givne answers. 

How do you want to score the question? Always same score if at least 3 correct answers are given, but allowing them to give even 4 or 5 correct answers? Or a more complicated scoring?

I don't see how partial scoring can solve this at all, but may understand your question not completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, i have 8 answers in question and only 6 of them are correct.

If user mark min. 3 correct answers , then for this question user will qet 1 point . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is different from the original question. If you want help, please answer ALL my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you want to score the question? Always same score if at least 3 correct answers are given, but allowing them to give even 4 or 5 correct answers? Or a more complicated scoring? - yes always one point for question. User have to answer min for 3 answers which of course are defined in the project as correct. If user mark one incorrect answer then for this question is 0 point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

custom quiz scoring requires javascript - see reference above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, not in this case since it is the same white-black scoring as Captivate's questions, can be done with dual next button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my be true, I was driven to that conclusion by the statement "If user marks one incorrect answer then for this question is 0 point" which I thought to mean that there would be no credit given for any of the correct answers if there is one wrong..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JS would have been needed if he wanted a different score based on the number of correct answer, not in this case with the workaround I described in the major thread. There is a link to the blog post with more details, created 8 years ago, when integration of JS - or better AS - was not at all an easy task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will answer in the major thread, cannot post links in the threaded replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A short step-by-step description:

1. Define a user variable for each of the answers.
  2. Use the checkbox interaction to create the custom question slide and link the user variables to the check boxes
  3. Create two Next buttons, hidden in output, can be in same location if they are not in a normal fluid box. They should be identical, but the NextCorrect button has a score of 1 point attachted. The NextWrong button has no score attached.
  4. Create a custom Submit button which will trigger an advanced action to check the  chosed checkboxes based on the values of the user variables. That may be the tricky part, you show the NextCorrect button if at least 3 answers are correct, the other one if that is not the case. I would use a counter in this case. You can hide the Submit button, and have the chosen Next button in the same location. It should be the only way to navigate to the next slide. 

I have described that dual button workflow many years ago (has been stolen by other experts without paying credit). This is the original post, but was still for SWF output:
https://blog.lilybiri.com/report-custom-questions-part-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for advice and help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Were you able to solve your problem with that advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources