• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About the behavior of text entry boxes

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the page, I made a text input box with user input validation and a button for answering.
I want to set so that when a button is pressed, characters are automatically entered into the text input box and user input is verified.

When I clicked the button using "Perform advanced action", I was able to create a specific text in the text input box, but how can I validate user input? I don't have a good idea.

Please lend your help!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted an answer in the other thread you posted. In those cases I always use Scrolling text interactions and validate with an advanced or shared action. Here is an example:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/09/custom-short-answer-scrolling-text/

Maybre this one as well:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/text-entry-boxes-back-to-basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering this too.

The explanation was lacking, but I would like to pass the result of the answer on the LMS as characters instead of Booleans.

I want to do it,
There are items to select occupation, date of birth, and gender, and there is a screen that asks you to click the registration button when you have finished selecting.

Occupation is DropDown
Date of birth is a text box
Check box for gender

I'd like the answer to be sent in letters instead of Booleans on the LMS when the registration button is pressed.

For that purpose, I hide it on the screen and “Verify user input” and report “Quiz
Prepare three text boxes with "Include" and "Report answer" checked, and if the registration button is pressed, the contents selected by the user will be inserted into the text box. Thought to be reported on LMS.

However, I realized that if I didn't press any key, the text box would not be checked for accuracy.

Please lend me some wisdom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the LMS shows as information depends on the LMS itself.  User variables are shown by some LMSs not by all. I don't know why you talk about Booleans in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press the send button now, the answer on the LMS is displayed as 1, so I thought it was Boolean.

If you use the text input box with “Verify user input” checked and select “Include in quiz” or “Report answer” in the report, the characters entered on the LMS will be displayed. I asked the question that there was a way to control from the action of entering to the judgment of "Verify user input" with a button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The user variable associated with the Scrolling Text Interaction will not be shown by the LMS. I'm sorry, but in that case you will need the TEB anyway and try to cope with its limitations. Some can be coped with using JS or the wonderful CpExtra widget from InfoSemantics. Have a look, you can try it out for free:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets/cpextra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources