Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion widget causes failure of keyboard navigation Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a number of slides that use the built-in accordion and other learning interaction widgets with tabs to reveal content. They work perfectly, and learners can open and close the tabs in any order and repeatedly. I also have a click box (hidden) on each slide set to allow using the right arrow key for advancing to the next slide. This function works perfectly on all my slides. On entry to the accordion slides (and other slides with different learning interaction widgets), the keyboard shortcut works perfectly if the learner wishes to skip the accordion tabs, but as soon as any of the accordion tabs are clicked and opened, the keyboard shortcut fails to work. I have tried pretty much every variation of timeline setting, on entry settings, pauses, continue and anything I could think of. The right arrow key performs perfectly before a learning interaction tab is clicked even if the widget is present on the stage.... but doesn't work after a tab is clicked. I would like all my slides to have the right arrow advance option, but struggling only with slides containing the built-in learning interactions.

Grateful for any assistance, even if to tell me that this is how it is supposed to work, and then I can stop trying.

Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you specify the exact version number: 11.0.1.266 or 11.5.476?

Accordion is a non-interactive widget. The cliick box will pause the slide (you always need a pausing point). You say it is 'hidden' but a click box is always invisible to the learner, what do you mean exactly by 'hidden'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. Apologies for the delay. I am in China and was just leaving the office when I posed the question. I have Captivate 2019 version 11.5.0.476.

Yes, by hidden I mean that the learner cannot see the click box. I have it set to allow navigation using the right arrow key. This function begins at the end of the narration on the timeline. This works on the slide with the accordion, but only if none of the accordion tabs have been clicked. Once any of the accordion tabs have been clicked, the right arrow function no longer works.

In other words, if the learner clicks on one, or all, of the tabs while listening to the narration, and then wants to advance using the right arrow, as on all the other slides, even though the click box function is now active, it does not work. However, if the learner ignores the tabs and only listens to the narration, the right click function works when it becomes active at the end of the narration.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources