• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion widget permanently hides bottom terms once top terms are clicked when running in HTML5.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The accordion widget permanently hides bottom terms once top terms are clicked when running in HTML5. They slide to the bottom of the page, out of view, and stay out. Accordion resets when leaving and coming back to the page. The only way to view bottom terms is to click them first, before clicking top terms on the accordion list. Fixes for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you talk about the Learning Interaction? Widgets are not compatible with HTML5 output, Learning interactions are but you need to test hem after uploading to a webserver. 

Before I double-check, can you tell me which exact version you are using on which OS? You find the full version number under Help, About Captivate. Did you test after publish and uploading to a webserver? Which browser(s) did you use for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Further troubleshooting shows that reducing the size of the widget prevents it from getting glued to the bottom. That seems to be the workaround.

Yes, it is a learning interaction, called the "Accordion." When it inserts to the page, a label shows the word "Widget" dead center over the interaction, so it can be confusing to think of it as a learning interaction when it also says it is a widget.

Captivate version is 11.5.1.499

Yes this was tested after publishing. It was running from a web server.

Primary browser is Chrome, but other browsers seem to work the same way.

This issue happens with even four terms. The fourth term gets stuck at the bottom.

By the way, while you are here, I notice that the Glossary interaction search box does not work, once the Glossary gets around 800 or more definitions. Any thoughts about what may cause that? When running from the browser, CTRL + Shift + J, and then looking at the script highlights this line: "var wordMatch = textArray[idholder[$(v).attr('data-id')]].substring(0, phraseLength).toLowerCase();"

Thank you so much. Your posts have been very helpful over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that terminology is very confusing in Captivate, have logged bugs and feature requests in that sense, but never been heard.

The 'old' widgets still exist (look in the Gallery under the installation folder) and can only be used for SWF output. Many of them also exist as Learning Interactions. The last group (has a different subfolder in the Gallery) has been made compatible with HTML5 output. That is the reason I insist personally to use the proper technology. A similar terminology exists on scored D&D slides where the Last Attempt action is indicated as 'Failure' but is in fact a Last Attempt action.

You are not using the most recent, and only supported version of CP2019. Please update to 11.5.5.553.

Accordion and Glossary both belong to the oldest group of former widgets, updated for HTML5 output and labeled 'Learning Interactions' although they are static and not interactive (another confusion cause). A real interactive object in Captivate can be scored and has the possibility to pause the slide, not these 'interactions'.

Glossary has always been very limited, never have been able to use it because it is not supporting combination characters. English doesn't have that type of characters and has a very simple keyboard layout compared with a French, Dutch, Spanish.... and other keyboards. It is impossible to write glossary terms correctly for non-English users. I'm sorry but for that reason I cannot help your about that question.

Accordion, Tabs, Timeline and all the Pyramid interactions are meant to be the only object on a slide and fill that slide.  You didn't tell if you use a non-responsive or responsive project?  

I have been writing blogs about Learning interactions, but didn't check recently if there are new limitations in the present version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources