Accrues Points after Clicking on the Wrong Answer

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 9, there are 4 multiple choice Smart Shape Buttons set to 1
attempt on a slide (not a quiz slide)/  When the 3 incorrect answer are
selected, the Action Continues and shows a Display message. On Success, the 1
correct Button runs an Advanced Action: Continue, Play Audio, Increment Score by
1, and Go to Next Slide.  On Last Attempt, the correct Button
Continues.  The 3 Incorrect Buttons have a timing for “Rest of Slide” (13
seconds) and a Display message that lasts for 7 seconds.  The correct
Button is active for 2 seconds and inactive for 11.  After the user clicks
on the incorrect Button, they still can click on the correct Button and accrue
a point.  How do I block the user from scoring an extra point? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Set the Correct button On Last Attempt as well as the Wrong answer buttons to jump to the next slide rather than Continue.  Why give the user any opportunity to click the Correct button after they have clicked the wrong one?  Show or Hide the relevant feedback messages on that second slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the Incorrect buttons to execute a Standard Advanced Action so that you can use multiple action lines.  Some of those lines would then be to Disable the Correct buttons so that clicking them would not work.

But if you are publishing to HTML5 you need to test this all works because there have been some issues with using the Disable action in HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to read this suggestion as it makes total sense!   I set the wrong answer Advanced Actions to  "Continue" and " Disable" the correct answer button.  Unfortunately, the point still added to my variables, $$score$$ and $$QuizInfoPointsScored$$. I'm publishing a SWF.    As a Plan B, I'm thinking I should create a new slide for when the user clicks on the wrong answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set the Correct button On Last Attempt as well as the Wrong answer buttons to jump to the next slide rather than Continue.  Why give the user any opportunity to click the Correct button after they have clicked the wrong one?  Show or Hide the relevant feedback messages on that second slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources