Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Default Progress Indicator

Participant ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating quiz slides from a Master Quiz Slide.  It has the Default Progress Idicator on the Master Slide but it is not showing up on the quiz slide.  Has anyone run into this before?

Can I just add it somehow to the actual quiz slide?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

There is no way to convert a KC slide into a normal quiz slide, although they are based on the same master slide. Insert a quiz slide of the same type and do some copy/pasting for the texts. Then delete the KC slide.

When training basic Captivate I always recommend to create quiz slides (or KC slides) using a GIFT file, makes it easier to do such a transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All components are shown on the Master but that doesn't mean you automatically have them all enabled in your quiz slides. Check in the Quiz Settings to see if you have the Show Progress option selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I checked and there was no setting like that.  I did notice that for the slides I did not have an indicator for there was a Graduation Cap under the slide on the filmstrip  - Here is a pic of it.  Do you know what that indicates?

Julie88_0-1590244586901.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is such a setting for Quiz slides. However it doesn't apply to Knowledge Check slides, and you are clearly talking about a KC slide. A full comparison of both types can be found in my blog post:
http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

KC slides have NO linked system varirables. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Is there a way I can make a knowledge check to be graded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to convert a KC slide into a normal quiz slide, although they are based on the same master slide. Insert a quiz slide of the same type and do some copy/pasting for the texts. Then delete the KC slide.

When training basic Captivate I always recommend to create quiz slides (or KC slides) using a GIFT file, makes it easier to do such a transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources