Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Img in JavaScript Popups in My Captivate Project

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Could I ask for your advice about how to Add Img in JavaScript Popups in My Captivate Project.

I’m a bit confused about Javascript. Now I can create a text format and the next step I want to add an image under the text. Would you recommend what I could do?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first question would be: Why do you need to use JavaScript to do this? Why does it have to be inside a JavaScript popup?  Captivate has a perfectly easy way to insert an image onto a Captivate slide and layer it over the top of another element such as a SmartShape to make it look like you have a popup.  You can easily use simple actions to show or hide the grouped objects. 

If you use JavaScript popups you are going to find them blocked in many cases by the web browser popup blocker settings.  How is doing this this way more beneficial or essential to your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add a button to learn more. And then open a new window and display a little information In my project. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do all of that without the danger of having JavaScript popups blocked by using the methods I described above.

I support the use of JavaScript, but only when you really need it to accomplish something Captivate cannot do, not for the sake of it, and especially not when it's more likely to cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I will try. Thanks for your advice 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why make it easy when you can do it the complicated way? 

I use JS when Captivate's functionality is insufficient.  However due to several reasons many users believe that you can not create elearning without JS skills...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources