Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Link on Quiz Slide

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm currently finishing a Captivate programme which is seperated into two parts; the first part allows the user to read information about certain topics, the second part is a quiz which asks questions about the topics in the first part.

Now, if a user gives a wrong answer, I have activated a feedback messages that goes like "That's wrong, try reading the information part about [topic] again". I've already been made aware of the fact that it is not possible to link the feedback message to the slide which will explain the topic. Instead, I've tried adding a button to the quiz slide which links to the information slide. However, even though the button gets displayed and is linked to the slide in Captivate, clicking on the button when using the programme doesn't work.

Is there any way to solve this?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

You have to understand the default design of the Quizzes in-depth. I published a long series of articles about them, not finished yet.

The Remediation feature I mentioned is the easiest way but of course it has its limitations. If the learner fails on a question he is sent automatically to the content slide. On that slide the Next button (needs to be there, a custom button) has a double functionality: when coming from a question slide it will return the learner to that slide, in other situations

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use (full version number please)?

Did you allow Backwards movement in Quiz Preferences?

Maybe you should have a look at the Remediation feature?

Remediation in Quizzing -AdobeCaptivate 6 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Captivate 2019 that I use. I allowed backwards movement. I've looked through the Remediation feature but from what I understand, this feature will force the user to go back to a certain slide after a certain number of attempts to solve the question. What I'd rather have is a simple button which links to the information slide and the user can go back to that slide if he wishes so.

Thanks for your help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to understand the default design of the Quizzes in-depth. I published a long series of articles about them, not finished yet.

The Remediation feature I mentioned is the easiest way but of course it has its limitations. If the learner fails on a question he is sent automatically to the content slide. On that slide the Next button (needs to be there, a custom button) has a double functionality: when coming from a question slide it will return the learner to that slide, in other situations it is going to the next slide. Learner could get in an eternal loop, will only be able to proceed to the next question if he gives the correct answer.

It is possible to have a shape button on a quiz slide to navigate to content slides. However know that when you leave a question slide, the answer will be frozen and cannot be edited anymore (except in Submit All feature). You also have to be very careful to remain in the Quiz Scope or the attempt on quiz level will be considered finished.

You allow backwards movement. Can you also check the chosen option in the Required field of Quiz Preferences? You will need to keep that setting to 'Optional'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a link to one of the Quizzing articles:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-3-attempts-scores/

BTW: most recent version of CP2019 is 11.0.1.266

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another video tutorial that uses a more up to date copy of Adobe Captivate. https://youtu.be/hj9LPYxl_pc

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources