Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a question over multiple slides, but adds as a single question

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning All,

I have a query, which I cannot find an answer for. I am creating some questions for a Quiz. I then want the quiz to be included into a pool. That is normally simply, but some of the questions are like a simulation where they have to perform certain steps to verify they understand the procedure. They get a point at the end of the simulation.

My query is:

1) Is it possible to add multiple slides as a single question in a question pool?

2) Would this allow when setting up a random test allow, if selected, all the simulation to be taken as 1 question.

The person who did the original questions added all the single slide questions into a pool, but left the simulation slides separate so that they always appeared in the quiz. Was wondering if this was possible to combine them.

Thanks

Phil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only type of slides that can be included in question pools and therefore as part of a random quiz are the standard question slides that are provided by Adobe. What I have done in the past is to include custom question slide(s) as part of the quiz but simply place the slides somewhere amongst the random quiz questions in the regular portion of the filmstrip. The questions before and after would be from the pool but the custom question slides appear in every case.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Paul,

Yes that is what we currently do - just seeing if possible to make a "custom" question that last over several slides into 1 question in a question pool.

Thanks

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even a Drag&Drop slide cannot be in a question pool. I found tht title bit confusing, could see a way to have a software simulation scored as one question including all the actions to be performed, but that was not the problem which I understood after reading the question. A software simulation in Assessment mode uses scored objects (click boxes and eventually Text Entry Boxes). Those will be added to the totall score and included in the values of all the quizzing system variables. Have a look at the Advanced Interaction panel, and you'll see this very clearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Apologise for title - wrote in haste and should have re-read. See what you are saying and understand, but if I included the assessment in a question pool (just say it's 5 slides long), and we have 15 other single slide questions and I ask it to display a random of 7 questions for the quiz test. Is there a way I can gaurantee that it would display all the 5 slides of the assessment as 1 question, or that it wouldn't pick any of the 5 slides randomly. 

As a random thought could you add a random question that links to another question pool, which purely has the assessment in. Something like a nested question pool?

Hopefully that clarifies the situation a bit.

Thanks

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem not to understand what we both wrote . You can only have DEFAULT type of questions in a question pool, no Drag&Drop slides, nor slides with Scored Objects. An Assessment simulation has ONLY scored objects which are click boxes and occasionally a Text Entry Box. I also don'tt understand the logic at all. Each question in a question pool has the same score (mostly default = 10 points).  What is the sense of having a sequence of 5 slides (for 10 points) that could be replaced by any other default type of question slide, because that is the meaning of a Random slide? I cannot imagine any situation where this would be wished for. Either the assessment simulation is important and has to be taken by each learner. How can that be replaced by a T/F question?

Maybe some restrictions of question pools in this blog could clarfiy:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I believe I did understand, but was hoping for a work-around since our original project was written 10 years, so wondering if Captivate had changed.

As I mentioned we do what Paul had mentioned, and since that is the only way possible then it has to remain that way.

Thanks for all the advice.

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources