Highlighted

Adding a reset button to a D&D

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Captivate 9 and have inserted a D&D interaction. I want a reset to clear the board and hide popup answers.  I added this action to the reset button, but it just goes to the next slide:

What am I doing wrong?

Thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding a reset button to a D&D

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Captivate 9 and have inserted a D&D interaction. I want a reset to clear the board and hide popup answers.  I added this action to the reset button, but it just goes to the next slide:

What am I doing wrong?

Thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I remove the Go to Next Slide action, it will go to the previous slide just fine.  But when I put the two actions together, it just goes to the next slide after the D&D.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri, I have tried the dummy slide solution.  The only thing is i have a page counter widget, and that dummy slide impacts the total.  I did try that script you had in another solution, and it did work at one point, but now it doesn't. Is that Go to the Previous Slide, Go to the Next Slide not a viable alternative for me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't work anymore. That is the big problem, a solution works in one version, not in a more recent version. There is a third solution with micronavigation which I use to avoid the dummy slide, but you'll have to test. It didn't work with one release neither, now in 10.0.1.285 it works again. Have a look at the second scenario in:

Replay (slide) Button - Captivate blog

Do not blame me, I am not the one who changes behavior. No one pays me a dime for all the hours I spend on preparing blog posts, then checking if they are still valid when a new release appears, or if they work both for SWF and HTML output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

First, I would never blame you.  I appreciate your help as always. I know how frustrating Captivate can be.

Second, sigh, the second scenario didn't work for me as well.

Thanks again for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use? Micronavigation works for me in the present release. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9, Version 9.0.2.437

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, that was why I had to look for a workaround, which is the dummy slide. Stupid, I know, have logged that bug over and over again but never fixed.  Go to Previous slide, followed by Go to Next slide worked in 8 for SWF output. HTML conversion causes more problems that you can imagine.

Workaround for the slide numbering is a custom numbering.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Zoey2005 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's weird is that I swear it worked for me at one point yesterday, but now it doesn't.  I might have monkeyed w/ something, but who knows now.

You are absolutely right, i can custom number. I just can't see the forest for the trees.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group