Exit

Adding certificate to a captivate 2019 project

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you and your help.

I need to add a certificate at the end of a project, but the certificate needs to be shown after a score of 1500 is hit and all 5 screens have been reviewed.  It is like a one column Jeopardy game, where there is 5 questions on the game board and the score is added up and is shown on the game board slide.  They will receive a certificate only after all 5 questions have been answers (right or wrong) and a score is 1500.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Sotry, have been training yesterday, forgot to answer. But I see you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details are needed: do you have scores attached? You don't use a LMS? Which exact version number do you use, as mentioned under Help, About Capttivate?

Maybe post a screenshot of the Advanced Interactions panel to see the scores?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I have Captivate 2019 - but can't tell the version because of a locked down system we have.  There isn't an LMS, we put our videos up on sharepoint.  Here is the screenshot.  As you see, there is a score which is only located on the main game board screen.  I can't figure out an advanced action that would say if slide 100; 200; 300; 400; 500 has been seen ,then open up the certificate which is the last slide of the project.  Thanks for any ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot you open Help, About Captivate? I don't understand why that would be locked.

No screenshot visible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for the government.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eehm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but the picture didn't get attached.  So the 100, 200, etc. are buttons that go to the page with the question.  The score increases with the correct answer.  The scoreboard is only on the gameboard page.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image finally opened. So if you click the buttons (100, 200, 300, 400, 500) it goes to a slide where they answer a question that is not a question slide.  They click on a button that is on the slide to go back to this slide which is the gameboard.  So I want to go to a certificate slide after the slides connected to buttons (100, 200, 300, 400, 500) have all been seen.  I ideally wanted it to be connected with the score also - where if they make less than 100 points they go to a thank you slide and if they make more than 100 points, they go to the certificate slide.  I do have Captivate 2019 version 11.0.1.266.   pic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can they click the same button multiple times or not? I mean: is it OK if you disable a button which has been clicked? Do you add the score of the slides to a user variable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user can only click the button once.  I also thought about having a counter where it counts up to when the slide has been visited and when the counter gets to 5 then it jumps to the certificate.  I can't seem to figure out that advanced action either.  BUT the counter does work. (located on the gameboard page)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action on the buttons will need at least three commands:

1. Disable the button
  2. Jump to the appropriate slide
  3. Increment the counter

I still don't know if you add the score to a user variable? Since you want to use it in the conditional action it needs to be incremented on the game slides. 

You need an action On Enter for the global slide, with two decisions:

IF v_counter is equal to 5 AND

v_score is greater or equal to ....

Jump to Certificate slide

IF v_counter is equal to 5 AND

v_score is less than ....

Jump to Thank slide      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,

I have the first action on the conditional action and it works fine.  Can I add the second part IF v_counter is equal to 5 and v_score is less than 500 jump to Thank You slide on the same conditional action (which I have named Finish game?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work.  Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sotry, have been training yesterday, forgot to answer. But I see you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources