Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding hotspot on the video in Cp 2019

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My client wants hotspots on a playing video in Captivate 2019. 

Here are the details: 

- Interactive or normalVideo on slide plays

- I create hotspot at locations on video (upper layer maybe)

- When hotspot area is clicked, the new video will play and current video will be paused. 

- If hotspot area clicked after the video is played, that should still work. 

I search and found video overlay, but could not find hotspot or clickable laying over the video layer.

Can someone please help? my deadline is in this week and have to apply a similar function for 40+ videos.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hotspots exist for 360 slides, if you mean by hotspots markers on the video which when clicked will open something.  Even in that case you need careful planning when using them on a video, because the playhead will continuously move on the video. Look at my explanation in the link which I will post in a separate comment. They do not exist out of the box for interactive video, where the overlay slides are timed at specific times on the video timeline.A hotspot is an interactive object You could always insert such an object on top of the video, and take out its pausing point. As long as the object is visible (timeline) it will be clickable and you can have it 'do' something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources