Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding pause button over the top of certain points in my mp4 video

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is possible but my client would like me to add a 'pause' button at certain points in a video embedded within my captivate project - is this possible?  If so what would I need to do?

Many thanks

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use? Is the video inserted as event video or as synchronized video? Only in the second type will it be possible to paue the video.

In CP2019 this can be done by adding an overlay slide, which will pause the video.

I also wrote a blog post, where I pause the video for a button that pops up information:

Interactive Video Buttons - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Thank you for replying. Yes I'm using CP2019 - i'll take a look at your blog - thank you for always being so helpful!

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to use the command Pause, with a synchronized video. But using the overlay slides seems easier. You can make them rather small in a corner, and have a button with 'Continue' on it. Maybe I'll write out a quick blog to illustrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources