• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Random quiz slides

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an intereting issue. I have a question pool of about 450 questions and I have a project that has a title slide, a summary slide, and a slide that asks the user to input the number of questions they want. What I want to do is take the variable that is storing the user input and use it to add that many Random Quesstion slides to the running project. 

Is this possible? Do I use JavaScript?

Thanks,

Chuck Nailen

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK there is no way to show/hide slides after having opened the project. On opening the random slides are inserted as a subset from the question pool, which means the number of random slides has to be known when opening the course. I very much doubt this can be done with JS.

Maybe you could consider having a maximum number of random slides, and based on the chosen number of slides, skip the not to be used slides. If you turn on Branch aware only the visited quiz slides will be taken into account for the quizzing system variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it out and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have turned on Branch Aware. Here is my setup. The first slide the user sees is a slide that asks them the number of questions they want. How do I set up branch aware so that it only counts those number of questsions in the quiz total? Right now I have 4 random slides, and I am picking 2. It does only give me 2 questions, but the results slide shows the results based on all 4 random questions. So, as an example, each question has 1 point. If I answer both questions correctly, the results page shows I got a 50% and my maximum score and total questions are both 4, instead of 2. Using Branch Aware, how do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you have visited all quiz slides. You have to jump the slides you don't want to be included, did you achieve that? Branch aware doesn't need more. Have a look at this blog:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/09/what-is-branch-aware/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do jump the random questions I do not need, but at the end, the scoring includes ALL of the questions for calculating the grade and showing how many total questions there were. I use an advance action to check the value of a user variable that holds the number of questions, and if I have gotten all the questions I want, I jump to the final slide, which is the review slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a normal ehavior, as you can see in the blog post. The quizzing system variables should be taking ito account only the visited quiz slides.  Although, since you are using random quiz slide, maybe that is the origin. To be able to double-check I need the exact version number as you can read under Help, About Captivate. 

It is possible to create a custom score slide, but you need to have the correct score and maximum score if they have to be transferred to a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using 2019 release, 11.5.1.499. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources