• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding swf Animations to Software Simulation

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Software Simulation in Captivate, to which I would like to add a swf animation created in Adobe Animate. When I import the swf file into the Captivate project I can see the animtion play in the timeline, however when I preview the project in a web broswer or publish to a packaged HTML zip file, the slide that the swf was added to is blank. Can someone please confirm that I cannot add swf files to Software Simualtions or if there is a workaround/step I am missing.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player will be officially dead end of this year, but most browsers do not support it anymore. Which browser did you use? Are you really unaware of all this? This has been announced over 3 years ago.  Do not use SWF animations anymore and publish to HTML5 exclusively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use an SWF in HTML5.  So you should publish from Animate to an OAM file and then you will be able to bring it into Captivate.  For an OAM, you need to convert your Animate project to Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Rod. I had already convertred my Animate project to Canvas but exported as a .html file. I'll try outputting with an OAM this time. Here's my other confusion. While I understand that SWFs are now on their way out if not a dead file format altogether, why does the latest version of Captivate give you SWF aniations that you can use in your project, and tell you in documentation that you can export projects with SWFs embedded? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So exporting as a .oam file worked; thanks for pointing me in the right direction. However, the animation loops when it is loaded in Captivate, even though I have unchecked the "loop timeline" option in Animate's publish setting. Is there a setting in Captivate that I need to address to stop an animation from looping? Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources