• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding variables to match question slides

Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using Captivate 7 and need your help/idea/expertise on this. I am trying the following:

Adding a drag and drop slide wherein I should be able to drop the source to any target.

If the drop happens on the correct option (this is the challenge, how can I define the correct answer!), a message should flash saying "You are right"

If even a single drop goes wrong, then I the right answers should flash, (this I can create a new slide though)

But to set such conditions what should I exactly do? Please help.

Thanks,

Roja

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The title of your question is bit confusing. Why should you have to add variables to match question slides?

The content of your question is totally different: each D&D slide can act as a question slide. It doesn't really have all the features of a question slide but most of them: Reporting, Score (only black/white, not partial score/penalty), Attempts, Actions On Success/Failure. When it is configured as a question its score will be reset when the user 'Retakes' a quiz with multiple attempts on quiz level etc. Progress quiz indicator will not be included however. And defining the correct answers is a breeze with the wizard or with the button Correct Answers.

The best part about D&D are IMO the 'Object actions': you can specify an advanced action for each drag&drop act and that is what you need. Do not use a simple action, because it will release the play head. That action can show a feedback text/object that was previously hidden, it can apply an effect to an object like flashing, etc. This blog post was written for CP8, but can help maybe:

Drag&Drop tips - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources