• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 8 Pro Registration Nag Screen

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use adobe Pro 8, and Adobe has taken their servers offline. Therefore, the recommended procedures is to enter your serial number and a new one is generated along with a download that does not require activation. I've followed the steps more than once but here's the problem: every time I run Abobe I get the Nag Screen that says I need to register. The instructions say go into help, then register, then select Never Register. First this doesn't work because the "activate" and "register" dropdowns are grayed out. This "special" version does not require "activation" but it seems to still want registration. I presume the code problem is on my side, but if it can't validate that you never want to register, it assumes you haven't answered the question. I can select, register now, register later, never register, it doesn't matter because it doesn't work. Even if the registration option wasn't grayed out, this doesn't work because there is nothing on Adobe's side to accept it. Its annoying to have to deal with the Nag Screen every time.  I've put up with it for a year, but there's got to be a solution.

Also, please don't respond with its an old product so upgrade. I'm fine with the version I have. It's like having an older car, it runs fine except every time I want to use it I have to jump-start the car because the manufacturer has disabled the battery and wielded the hood. I'm using Windows 10 and I'm fairly certain it isn't a compatibility issue as it runs fine once I get by the nag screen.

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't Adobe Support.  It's the Adobe Captivate User Forum.

I think you may need to take your complaint more directly to Adobe via a different channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro? If so, you'll need to Contact Customer Care to get the correct installer for your license. We can't help you since Adobe removed all full installers of previous versions from their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources