• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2017 crashes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Captivate 2017, the issue I´m facing is that almost every time I have to pick a color to change objects appeareance, captivate crashes.  It also happened whit my captivate 9 version.  I you friends have an idea why this is happenning and how to fix it, I´ll appreciate your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of reasons that Captivate could be crashing when performing was are seemingly simple tasks. One solution is to make sure that you are running Captivate with administrator privileges.

Here is a video I did on that a few years ago but it still applies to other versions of Captivate.

Adobe Captivate QuickTip - Why Does Captivate Keep Crashing!?!

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Paul, 

I was out of office, sorry for not replying before.  I tried what you recommend but the problem persists.  I contacted Adobe Support now.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

we are having the same issue. On Windows 10 the version runs fine but mine crashes a lot when i try change colore. Strange thing is, that i can just ignore the message and save the file under a differnt name and then contine like nothing happend. Still very annoying issue. 

Any solutions yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolina,

Some will contact you soon to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Sankaram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you encountering this issue with all the projects or only with a particular project?

Regards,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Sorry for not answering before, I was out of office.  Issue appears in any project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolina,

Can you please email @tcssup@adobe.com with your contact details and we will contact and assist you with the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm experiencing the same issue - Captivate 2017 is not usable anymore because of this. There isn't any pattern in when it crashes. Sometimes the color manager works fine, the next minute it crashes. Nevertheless, it crashes several times a day! Why isn't this resolved already since the issue is not new? Is there a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing the Project Cache (Preferences  >  Clear Cache) or resetting Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod. Thanks for the tip. I cleared the project cache and the support told me to rename the Captivate Folder in the AppData Folder on my computer. This would reset the settings. Nevertheless, Captivate 2017 still crashes multiple times a day when I choose a color! Any orther ideas where this might come from? Your help is very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you may have a DLL conflict of some kind that kicks in when you use the Colour dialog.

To debug this kind of issue you would usually try to look up the System Error log file and see if it has recorded some data about the conflict.   It most likely only happens at certain times because you also have some other app open at the same time and it is trying to use the same DLL.  So, the error logs may be able to tell you which app is causing the conflict.  If you can locate the conflict, you may be able to uninstall or update the other app to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources