Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2017, Full motion Animation in HTML 5

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release version 10.0.1.285

I found a issue with Captivate 2017 (10.0.1.285). After I rescale my project to a larger size while keeping the objects in the project the same size.

I select Top Center for Position Project.

When publishing to HTML 5 the FullMotion slides when played gets resized. The video gets squeezed to a smaller width, not matching the width of the other slides.

It does this only in HTML 5 not in SWF. I believe this is a bug with Captivate 2017 (10.0.1.285). It was not doing this in the prior update. Could you please verify?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one of the reasons I avoid FMR slides, replace them by Video Demo slides.

FMR slides are SWF based. When publishing to HTML5 they are converted to MP4 to be compatible, but I have seen many questions about issues with those slides. Not really an answer, you could log a bug report but since you are not on the most recent version of Captivate I'm afraid that you cannot have a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I've upgrade to 2019 and there's still the same issue with FMR slides. The converted FMR slides to MP4 videos won't scale correctly in HTML5. How can I escalate this?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on 11.0.1.266? I really offered already an answer, I take the long way and replace all FMR slides which I cannot avoid, by Video Demo slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was published in Captivate 2019 (11.01.266).

Sorry but I cannot avoid FMR slides, there are too many in this course to replace. This wasn't an issue until I installed patch 10.0.1.285 to my copy of Captivate 2017. I was hoping that getting 2019 would resolve it.

I checked the converted MP4 videos in the VR folder of the published course. The MP4 videos were rescaled to the new movie size of 960 x 540.

The original screen capture demo was done in a smaller movie size. I rescaled the project to 960 x 540. Under "If new size is larger", I selected "Keep project the same size and position the objects: Top Center".  It seems that when I publish to HTML5 that setting gets ignored and the MP4 videos match the current movie size.

This FMR scaling issue also shows up when I preview in "HTML5 in Browser" but not when I select "Preview"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I create the VIdeo Demo slides while recording the software simulation, not afterwards. But I udnerstand the problem.

I can explain the reason for the last comment you gave. In non-responsive (blank) projects all preview methods except F11, Preview HTML in Browser use a temporary SWF output. There is no problem with the FMR slides in SWF output since they are SWF-based. The problem is with the conversion from SWF to MP4, necessary for HTML output. Only F11 Preview will use a temporary HTML folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources