Highlighted

Adobe Captivate 2017 preview function not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having trouble with the preview function in Adobe Captivate 2017. I just get the circle of death and the preview never loads.

I'm working in a responsive project. I've read a couple other forum posts that suggest the file may be corrupt. To test this, I made a brand new project simply drew a rectangle and tried to preview and I still get the circle of death.

Any help would be very appreciated! I've tried both preview project and previewing from a specific slide.

I'm on a Mac with High Sierra version 10.13.5.

Thanks!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Indeed, since  you are on a Mac and the first release version had a lot of problems with Mac systems, I would try to install the patch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Captivate 2017 preview function not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having trouble with the preview function in Adobe Captivate 2017. I just get the circle of death and the preview never loads.

I'm working in a responsive project. I've read a couple other forum posts that suggest the file may be corrupt. To test this, I made a brand new project simply drew a rectangle and tried to preview and I still get the circle of death.

Any help would be very appreciated! I've tried both preview project and previewing from a specific slide.

I'm on a Mac with High Sierra version 10.13.5.

Thanks!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Indeed, since  you are on a Mac and the first release version had a lot of problems with Mac systems, I would try to install the patch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 09, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the full version number to be sure you are on 10.0.1.285?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Captivate 10.0.0.192. Do I just need to update?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I went to adobe to re-download Captivate 2017 (because I'm always confused how to update this program) and the download is still the old version. How do I get the patch? Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Help, Updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update worked! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks for the feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 0