Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019 Red screen....

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can anyone help... i seem to have a red screen appearing at the end of my Captivate project when previewing...

My project is currently 9 slides long each containing a short video and simple graphics and no interactions.. I'm working on a PC using Windows 10

The only info I can find online seems very outdated...

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an image where the red screen appears? Do you also see it when published? Check graphics driver, needs it to be updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also suggest you try changing the Slide Quality setting on that particular slide to High Quality 24 bit.  The red screen issue sometimes relates to graphics on the slide being unable to be rendered in the current setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried changing the slide quality settings and the red hasn't appeared since so fingers crossed!

But, when I publish my project as a video file flickers of white appear in between my slides (could this be video loading time?) Note sure if there's any connection between the two?

Thank you for taking the time to reply by the way 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In HTML5 the content for each slide is loaded when you get to that slide.  Preloading is minimal because of the limited resources available on mobile devices.  I think that's probably what your 'flickering' is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I'm publishing as a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the video spread over multiple slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No each video is contained to one slide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Then the video will be loaded as you get to its slide.  Videos are much heavier download filesize than other types of content. That download will initiate a slight pause in playback, which you will see as a white screen until the video is ready to play.  That's my guess as to what is causing your 'flicker'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks that makes sense.  However it feels a little 'unprofessional' - is there anything I could do to prevent it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can minimise it but not necessarily remove it altogether.  The lighter the elements on the slide, the shorter the download, the more seamless the experience.  Until mobile devices start having similar performance to PCs and Adobe develops better preloading this is what we work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that's all i needed to know 🙂  Thanks so much for all of your help today 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources