• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019 - Released

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone (Lieve?) have information on this?

I called Adobe and they said that this is a stand alone product and CP10 will not work once you install CP 11 (2019)

You cant get it from "updates" within Captvate

Heres what they sent me:  (notice ADOBE sent me links to CS5?????? and assets for CP 2017????   WTH???? Dont they talk to each other?)

---------------

Please find the direct download link of 2019 Release.

Open this link first https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cs5-product-downloads.html

Then open the below links in a new tab of same browser and save the files.

Mac

https://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CPTV/11/osx10/Captivate_2019_LS21.dmg

eLearning Assets - http://download.macromedia.com/captivate/cp10/Adobe_eLearning_Asset.dmg

Neo Voices - http://download.macromedia.com/captivate/cp10/Captivate_2017_Neo_Content_LS21.dmg

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

I have no idea why you would have to read first the CS KB document at all.

Indeed, as Rod points out you always have to install a full version from a download, not from Help, Update which is only used for patches. That allows you not to overwrite an existing version. I stronlgy recommend to keep 2017 along with the new 2019.

I am ot on Mac, didn't have to install the eLearning assets separately. They were installed under a subfolder 11_0. You'll find in this folder also the Sample projects, two of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a user, do not work for Adobe, but feel sad when I see such questions.

Do you have a subsciption license?  If it has not changed, you are entitled to have both CP2017 (10) and CP2019 (11) installed.

I will have a look at your other questions tomorrow, just back after a 800km drive (with traffic jambs) from Berlin where I coached a first training of CP2019. Need some rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve is correct.  The information you were given that Captivate 2017 will stop working when 2019 is installed is totally incorrect.  You can have several versions of Captivate running side-by-side on the same computer, and even have them open at the same time, as long as you have valid licenses for each one.  As Lieve mentioned, with the subscription version you are only supposed to have two versions working.  The latest one and the one before it.  But if you have standalone licences (not subscription) then you can have as many versions as you have licenses.

One thing they DID tell you is correct.  You cannot install Captivate 2019 via the Updates in Captivate 2017.  You need to download the install files and do a complete separate installation.

As to why they sent you links to incorrect files, that I cannot say.  But since the other information was incorrect, I guess it at least shows a level of consistency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea why you would have to read first the CS KB document at all.

Indeed, as Rod points out you always have to install a full version from a download, not from Help, Update which is only used for patches. That allows you not to overwrite an existing version. I stronlgy recommend to keep 2017 along with the new 2019.

I am ot on Mac, didn't have to install the eLearning assets separately. They were installed under a subfolder 11_0. You'll find in this folder also the Sample projects, two of them are new (interactive video and VR project). In previous versions those Sample projects were installed under the root of eLearning Assets. If you keep CP2017 you''l see the old folder there. See this screenshot from one of my systems:

eLearningAssets.jpg

The TTS voices (NeoSpeech) I will always install from the TTS dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources