Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019: VR Project Export is Laggy

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking into this.

I create a one page Virtual Reality Project in Adobe Captivate 2019.

I inserted a 360 degree video exported by Insta360 Studio 2019.

This video was taken  in 1080p, exported as 1920 x 960 resolution and 100Mbps.

This video was able to be played smoothly all all players.

However, when I imported this video into Adobe Captivate 2019 and review it as a one page project, it turned out to be very laggy.

Similarly, when I exported this one page project as HTML5, the final product is also very laggy.

I didn't add anything such as Hotspot to the 360 degree video within or outside Adobe Captivate 2019.

May I know why is the final product so laggy when the video is so smooth on all the other players?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linw, 

How big was the file you imported into Captivate and how long is your video on the timeline?

360 video can produce huge file size due to there need to capture a full 360 degree of video at a very high bit-rate for visual fidelity. 

Cheers, Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that you should not bother using VR videos inside Captivate projects and after publishing -  inside SCORM files. Why Adobe even chooses to let users spend time trying to get work - well maybe somebody else could could explain.

I always use a CDN with an adaptive HTML5 video player when adding video to my courses.

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did successfully inset 360 video in CP projects, but try to limit the file size as with all Captivate assets. Since you never know which device and bandwidth will be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources