• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 9 Not Loading in SumTotal LMS

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Adobe Captivate 9.0.2.437. I have a course that I published as SCORM 2004. It has audio and some interactions (buttons to show text when clicked...nothing fancy).  When I load it to SCORM cloud, it works. When I load it to our LMS (SumTotal), it doesn't load. I just sit and stare at the "Loading content...please wait" message on the white screen.

If full disclosure, I used a training we launched in September as the "base" for this training. Very similar programs. Why start from scratch? 🙂 The original version is working just fine.

I've built a couple knowledge checks (all questions, no audio), and they work just fine in the LMS.

Any ideas why this other program may not work?

I contacted Adobe support. They told me since it's loading to SCORM cloud and working, there is nothing they can do.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask your IT department to turn on the JSON mime type on the web server that houses your LMS. I suspect that the earlier course may have been created with an earlier version of Captivate 9. I think there were three updates while Captivate 9 was current. It could have been the second or the third update where they changed the way Captivate 9 published multimedia files. If it is what I suspect, turning on the JSON mime type for your LMS, which in most cases is a two-minute fix, will solve your problem.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. It ended up being a corrupt file. After I copy/pasted the slides into a new Captivate project, it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources