Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 9 -publish project not play audio

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I published a project with audio , the project offline is playing video and audio but when I put online sometimes does it does not play the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

I am prepared for the future, I always disable AutoPlay in Captivate courses. Have a look at my blog post:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/03/get-rid-white-start-screen-black-button-html-output/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is "sometimes" maybe linked to the browser choice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The times that has worked was on Chrome, on Comodo Dragon browser, but I am not sure sometimes it does not work on Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a recent version Chrome disabled AutoPlay and that may be the cause. It will be permanent from October on, and other browsers may follow that example. I am used now to turn off Autoplay and provide a poster image, eventually replace the Play icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if the Chrome I use Autoplay is disabled. What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am prepared for the future, I always disable AutoPlay in Captivate courses. Have a look at my blog post:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/03/get-rid-white-start-screen-black-button-html-output/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I just need to go to Preferences, Project, Start and End: turn off AutoPlay? I don't have to indicate the poster image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave you the link to a blog post. You'll have to point to an image that has to be used as poster image. Can you read the blog, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio is now playing but sometimes the audio and video don't match, the audio could be playing and the video just displaying a message "loading".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a audio and video on the first slide? Avoid having a first slide with too much to load could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do. I think i will just publish in form of a video instead of html, and then I will use a html5 player to play the video online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have any interactivity, that is fine but mp4 will throw all interactivity away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a simulation software, the interactivity is on the assessment, the demo I publish in video and the assessment I publish in html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is OK if you publish them separately. I tend to replace a software sim in Demo mode by a Video Demo because of its better quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources