• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate - Close button does not work

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my training module, I'm using the basic buttons available.  So, I went into Skin Editor and selected buttons such as Play, Forward.  So, I selected the close button, but it appears to not work. 

Currently, my project is a non responsive.  What settings should I have for this button to be activated.  Curious why this button would be different from the other ones selected, which they do work.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend you DO NOT include the Close button on the playbar as it's asking for trouble because it will only work in certain specific circumstances anyway.

If you are launching your content from an LMS, the Close button is not likely to work unless the content gets launched in its own window.  If the content is playing within a frameset, the Close button will be blocked from working because that could potentially close down the main browser window and shunt the user out of the LMS altogether.

The only real circumstance where the Close button is guaranteed to work is when the content is playing entirely within its own browser window.  It will work for EXE content because that also plays inside its own window.  But when you are dealing with web or mobile delivery the Close button becomes quite unreliable and the end users are NEVER going to understand the technical explanations for why it doesn't work when they click or tap it.  So my advice is leave it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the alternative to the Close button in the player?  I am experiencing all of the issues that you described so the alternative is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources