• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate could not open.......Ensure that the file isn't open, the file isn't damaged....etc.

Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 5

I

I have been working on this project (@175 slides).  Suddenly, as I'm saving my changes, the program freezes & has to shut down & now it appears the file is corrupt.  Am I basically screwed here?  Is there any hope for this file?  I read that Captivate 5 supposedly handles projects with 400+ slides, so mine shouldn't be an issue.

There are no other programs open, the file isn't already open.  I'm guessing I'm screwed & get to spend 2 days redoing the work I just did.  Thankfully I have a backup, but a backup that doesn't include about 16 hours worth of changes.  This has always been a shaky product & I'd hoped that Captivate 5 had improved upon that, but I guess not.

Any help is appreciated

Captivate Error.jpg

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank GOD.  Yes - this was the help I needed.  Found the files, zipped them up, changed the file extension & can now open it so I can make 100 backup copies.

Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy shnikies! It worked! This was aweome.  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for this link, it saved me roughly 25 hours of work that would have been lost otherwise due to a corrupted cptx file...

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am encountering the same problem but the recovery is not working.  It stops and sits at 90% when I am loading the db file.  Any other suggestions?  It is a rather large file.  20mb.  Is that too big of a file, and if so is there anything I can do on the next project to prevent it happening again.

Thanks,

Jaeson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having the same issue with Captivate 2019. It closed kinda funny yesterday - seemed to be dragging, didn't clearly save what I'd been working on... And now it won't open ANY projects. I'm anxious to try out the solution that you linked to, but the page can't be found (I guess it's been too long...??) Would you please tell me where to find the solution somewhere else now? Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem this morning... none of my projects works.... !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, this is a 10 years old thread.  Since Tuesday something is going awry. If you are on Windows, have a look at this blog post by Pooja:

Attention: Adobe Captivate Customers who experienced problems with File Open and/or Save Issues on M...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, this is a 10 years old thread.  Since Tuesday something is going awry. If you are on Windows, have a look at this blog post by Pooja:

Attention: Adobe Captivate Customers who experienced problems with File Open and/or Save Issues on M...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is the first post ive found when researching the bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Is there any way of doing this for a Mac device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources