• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe captivate crossword ??

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i was trying to create a crossword in captivate with Text entry boxes and a button that check all the values in the tebs.

Now, sometimes it work and show me the correct message (giusto_8) and sometimes any if all the value are right is show me the wrong message. It seems a random thing. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not enough information, but I would never choose your sequence of commands: first Hide, then Show and as last Continue. Why do you release the playhead?

It is a conditional action, what is in the ELSE part? Please use the Preview button to show the complete action. That is the first buttton in the top right control panel, looks like an arrow. More info in:

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the else parte there is only show - sbagliato_8 (the image that appear if the crossword it's wrong). if the user make correct the crossword then it show gisuto_8 and continue the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change the sequence and can you post the Preview of the full action? How do you test?  After publishing or in Preview? Which preview? Which output do you want?  Are those TEB's validated or not? What is their setup? You give too little details, which may explain why no one sees a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i test after publish in our lms in html5. the exercise it's a crossword.

the settings of teb's are this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the "insert variables" command to see the value that are in the teb's and now i can see which variables aren't registred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the only reason for checking the result to show the correct/incorrect message? In that case you could simplify a lot by using the validation feature of the TEB's. Before I try to explain, answer my question about the use of the result checking. It makes no sense to find a simple solution if later on you tell that you want to do more with it, as so often happens with quetions.

You can check the games in eLB, but often I am not very impressed by their advanced actions, my bad. They are too convoluted to my taste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Suggestion:

You might consider checking out the Adobe Captivate Asset Library.  Under the Templates section look for Games.

You'll find a Crossword  Puzzle template.  Depending on your version of Adobe Captivate (9 or 2017) it might offer some insight as to how this one works once downloaded.  That information could possibly assist you with yours.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only want to do this simple crossword, the user complete it and click on button "Conferma", if it's right then appear the correct message and the project continue, else appear incorrect message and the user can redo the crossword. I watched the elb crossword but i don't understand too much, i tried the validation of the TEB's but i don't know to use it and i want only a button that check all TEB's and scho the correct or incorrect message. my problem is, as you can see, that some letters are not recorded and i can't explain why. I do some test and i notice that if you do the crossword clicking the boxes and without the use of "tab" button it record all letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not realize it but you just confirmed my suspicion. This ' the user can redo the crossword.' !!! is a not so easy to realize workflow. That was the reason for my question. Resetting and clearing a TEB is not an easy workflow, I used it as an example in my presentations about the Timeline:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/TEBClear/index.html

I have a meeting coming up, will try to figure out a workflow that is easy to use and understand but it will be later on. You can already watch that movie. Do not underestimate the power of advanced/shared actions, I have about 10 years experience with them for clients and complicated use cases. You'll find some games on my blog as well. Here is a recent one:

Playing a dice game, using While loop - Captivate blog

Or do you want to play?

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/GameALS/index.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you a lot, to clear the TEB's i used this script:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JS works fine as well, but that is a long script for something that could also be done a lot easier.... as in my example in the movie. Did you test how the TEB's appear after having launched that script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the script cancel the text added in TEB's but don't cancel the value in variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will be overridden if the user types another value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have several ideas, but since I discovered (again) how someone is abusing of my ideas and selling them has 'his' ideas, I feel reluctant to post them. Sorry about that.

The easiest way would be by validating each TEB and counting the correct entries (could even be done by attaching a score), you'll have only to check the total number in that case. Problem: validation will only happen if the entry is confirmed by a Submit button or by an shortcut key like Enter. BIg problem, but you would be certain of having all fields filled in.

I suspect your too long combination of IF conditions. Second idea: check each word separately and use a counter for the number of correct words (could be also sort of feedback) in a user variable. Last decision in the conditional action has only to check the total number of correct words. In any case, if you have more words, this will be come a necessity. I would create one shared action, and use it as template.

Last workarounds would use the amazing CpExtra widget or JS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources