Highlighted

Adobe Captivate HTML5 Quiz - incorrect answers don’t record if you exit the quiz

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm hopping someone may be able to point me in the right direction as I'm struggling to find a solution.

I've published a simple quiz to my LMS and all seems to record Ok, until I noticed if I get an answer incorrect and then exit the course the course goes back to the question I got incorrect and allows me to select another answer. If I get the answer correct I move on.

Also if I get an answer incorrect and continue and get the next one correct and exit it records everything as expected. I'm so confused, if anyone has any ideas it would really help me out - thanks CSG

**I forgot to add**

When I make an incorrect selection, I submit the answer and go to the next slide. It's at this point I exit the course and the incorrect answer isn't recorded on the LMS. It only logs the question as incorrect on the interaction data if I answer a proceeding question correctly.

Topics

Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Captivate HTML5 Quiz - incorrect answers don’t record if you exit the quiz

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm hopping someone may be able to point me in the right direction as I'm struggling to find a solution.

I've published a simple quiz to my LMS and all seems to record Ok, until I noticed if I get an answer incorrect and then exit the course the course goes back to the question I got incorrect and allows me to select another answer. If I get the answer correct I move on.

Also if I get an answer incorrect and continue and get the next one correct and exit it records everything as expected. I'm so confused, if anyone has any ideas it would really help me out - thanks CSG

**I forgot to add**

When I make an incorrect selection, I submit the answer and go to the next slide. It's at this point I exit the course and the incorrect answer isn't recorded on the LMS. It only logs the question as incorrect on the interaction data if I answer a proceeding question correctly.

Topics

Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at each quiz question slide. In the Quiz settings tab, check how many attempts you have allowed at the slide level.  Then check how many attempts are allowed on the overall quiz.  What do you see?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your suggestion - I am working on this tomorrow so will check and get back to you - really appreciate your input 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So at each quiz slide question, No.of attempts is 1. Also at Quiz/quiz preferences/pass or fail 'if failing grade, allow user 1 attempt'

this is driving me a little mad 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so that is not the problem. Did you perhaps delete any embedded object on the quiz master slides or the quiz slides? Embedded objects do not have an individual timeline. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so. Is there a way of checking? Thanks for your speedy response 😉 this couldn't be down to a bug could it? This is the first time I've published a quiz (responsive) as HTML5 - usually I output as Flash and always seems to work Ok. Maybe I will republish this exact quiz as Flash and see how that behaves?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible to publish a responsive project to SWF, you can only poublish to HTML5. Which exact version are you using, as you can find under Help, about Captivate?

In Fluid Boxes project (I suspect you are using this workflow for responsive project): did you change anything about the quizzing master slides? You kept the two-step Submit process?  For the reporting did you use the default SCORM template, which reports after each slide?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm using Adobe Captivate 9.

yes sorry I didn't explain myself very well. I have a responsive quiz published to HTML which is giving me the issue. When I recreated it for testing purposes to a blank project and publish to SWF the issue is no longer there. 

correct answers record as expected, and so do incorrect answers. The issue arises if I answer a question incorrect and then go to the next slide and exit the course - the incorrect answer isn't recorded. Incorrect answers are only being recorded if they are followed by a correct answer. I know I sound like I am going mad 😞 this just isn't logical to me...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... can you please check the full version number under HELP, ABOUT Captivate?  You didn't answer any of my questions but CP9 if my memory is correct didn't have Fluid Boxes wofkflow, are you using Breakpoint views?

What about my other questions: Submit process, deleting of embedded objects? I would like to help you but if you ignore my questions that is not possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry,

Captivate 9.0.1.320

It is using breakpoint.

I don't believe I have deleted any embedded objects.

I have kept the 2 step submit process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not remember the exact version number of the most recent version of CP9, but I am sure that you do NOT use the most recent version. Please check for updates... although the present protocol of Adobe is to support only the two most recent versions, which is not the case here.

Are you reporting to the LMS after each slide or at the end? Did you check if the same happens when you upload to SCORM Cloud? Your problems could be due to the LMS , and checking in SCORM Cloud will confirm if you have to look in Captivate's setup or ask the LMS people. What is the 'Required' field option you have chosen?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit stuck for updates as I rely on ICT for this so will need to make a request to them.

I am reporting to the LMS on every slide.

You make a really good point about testing in SCORM cloud.

Unfortunately I am unable to use this option due to sensitive information.

the required field I've selected is pass required the user must pass the quiz to continue. Now I say that out loud I'm thinking you may have found my issue?! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, try changing the Required field back to the default 'Optional'.  It is possible that this is causing the issues you have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
CSG1 LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I changed to optional and no luck 😞

I have published the same course (after taking out some content/logos) to SCORM cloud and it works as expected so guessing I can raise the issue with my LMS provider. Thank you for your help today, I really appreciate it 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Advanced Interaction panel (F9), you can use the Filter 'Questions' independently if wanted.

You'll see the Attempts and the Actions on Success/Last Attempt for each of the questions. If you have only one attempt on question level, the Last Attempt action will be done IF the learner completes the Submit process, which has two steps. This means he should have clicked the slide or pressed Y.  In that situation the question will report as incorrect. However if you have multiple attempts on question level, the Retry message should appear. If the learner closes the course at that point, the question slide is NOT finished, since the attempts are not exhausted. It is then logical that the learner is navigated back to that same question on reopening the course,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the tome to suggest solutions. I'll provide an update tomorrow when I am able to re-check the course 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have attempts set at 1. This is at slide level and overall quiz level. Like your F9 tip 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group