• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Market Share

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking at a replacement for our current "in-house" eLearning authoring tool. I am a huge Captivate fan, and very excited about the new 2019 release, but was curious if anyone had any recent market data that I can share with my team of how Adobe Captivate compares with Articulate Storyline 360, etc. Also, have found some nice comparisons of pros/cons of each but nothing comparing 2019 release...any more current information would be great also.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wrote a blog post awhile back on the comparison between one authoring tool and another. I cautioned that these sorts of articles are to be treated with skepticism. Mostly because many have an agenda when writing such an article. Scrutinize such comparisons. What does the author have to gain? Who do they work for? Etc.

Be Wary of Authoring Tool Comparisons - eLearning

Joe Ganci, who uses both tools did a couple of videos last year:

Adobe Captivate Features I Love and That Are Not in Articulate Storyline. - YouTube

Articulate Storyline Features I Love and That Are Not Available in Adobe Captivate - YouTube

Now this is out of date now because Captivate has released a new version and I think Storyline has as well, however it isn't tough to see what comes out with more favorable elements between the two (at least for Joe).

Also remember that both products are good and if that wasn't the case, neither would be in the top two authoring tools list. It's not like there is a wrong choice. Both will make eLearning and rather well at that. It is also subjective. A big part of why I prefer Captivate is that I've been using it for a decade. It's familiar to me. Had I started out using storyline, that might be my favourite.

Captivate is less expensive, however that's seldom the reason to choose one over the other.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources