Highlighted

Adobe captivate pause and mute the triggered audio using custom UI button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am using Captivate 2019 latest version for my course development and course is having custom UI buttons (play/pause, next, prev, mute/unmute, CC, refresh).

On course timeline I have Introductory audio and 2 clickable buttons on screen, click of each button respective triggered audio will play.

First button plays First Audio and changes the state of a graphic to selected.

Second button plays second Audio and changes the state of a graphic to selected.

I am able to Pause and Mute the base slide/introductory audio using the Custom pause button.

I would like to pause the audio that is triggered by the "play audio" action (Audio 1 or 2) attached to the buttons using the Custom pause button.

Thanks
Sushil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe captivate pause and mute the triggered audio using custom UI button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am using Captivate 2019 latest version for my course development and course is having custom UI buttons (play/pause, next, prev, mute/unmute, CC, refresh).

On course timeline I have Introductory audio and 2 clickable buttons on screen, click of each button respective triggered audio will play.

First button plays First Audio and changes the state of a graphic to selected.

Second button plays second Audio and changes the state of a graphic to selected.

I am able to Pause and Mute the base slide/introductory audio using the Custom pause button.

I would like to pause the audio that is triggered by the "play audio" action (Audio 1 or 2) attached to the buttons using the Custom pause button.

Thanks
Sushil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately with the Play Audio action you don't have the option to pause the triggered audio clip.  There is an action to Stop Triggered Audio, but not Pause Triggered Audio.  If you stop the triggered audio, adding another Play Audio action on the same file will start it from the beginning again.

Feel free to log an enhancement request with Adobe for a Pause Triggered Audio command.  That would be handy to have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Slide Audio can easily be paused. More information in this blog

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/06/pausing-timeline-audio-clips/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group