Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Project Won't Load in Adobe Experience Manager

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have uploaded an Adobe Captivate Project (from Captivate 9) in html5 into our website that is built on Adobe Experience Manager. We've done this before without issues and those projects still work but I've tried to upload two completely different projects now and when you click on the link to go to those projects it just gets stuck on the loading page with the spinning circle. So I've ruled out it being a error in the project itself but I can't figure out why older projects work and new ones don't. The link to each project is connected to the "index" which is what we've done in the past.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the other projects published from exactly the same version of Captivate as these new ones?

I'm asking because the final minor updates to Captivate 9 (and all versions of Cp thereafter) started using JSON files in the HTML5 output. The initial version of Captivate 9 and all previous versions that were capable of publishing HTML5 output did NOT use JSON.

By default, most webservers do not have JSON files enabled.  You have to get the server administrator to enable the JSON mime-type.

Have you checked this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are correct, the older files don't seem to contain JSON files. We are using Adobe Experience Manager as our CMS, is there a way to enable JSON files in Adobe Experience Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a tip: try to post a question in the Adobe Experience Manager forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Update on my previous post. I've ruled out .json files as the culprit, one of the previous projects that's still working has .json files contained in it. Any other ideas? I've reached out to Adobe Experience Manager with no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot really help, don't use the Experience Manager myself. Not all forums get answers so quickly as most do here in the Captivate forum which has very dedicated experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you don't use AEM. My question is is there anything else on the Captivate end that could be preventing the project from loading properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Except for the JSON mime type, have no idea why it wouldn't load properly Unless you created a SCO, which requires a LMS, and I don't think the Experience Manager is a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources